Update added by user Apr 07, 2015
After, threatening to contact the DOJ for CA and OR, Build.com finally honored their part of the deal.Rakuten couldn't have cared less and only directed my inquiries back to Build.com.
I will not use Rakuten for a purchase again.They didn't even seem to care.
Original review posted by user Oct 06, 2014
Purchased a kitchen sink at advertise 90% off price but received wrong sink. Sellers will not honor our contract but insist I return the sink for refund and reorder at new price. The new price is the FULL price! Both companies claim the other party is responsible. Rakuten.com even left me on hold for over 55 minutes while I waited to speak to a supervisor.
No one would stand for this treatment in a brick and mortar store and there are laws regulating 'advertised' prices. However, online retailers attempt to skirt the official contract as long as possible. Our order confirmation states the BUYER may only cancel the order prior to shipment, thus prior to the 'official' contract. In this case, we even have a 'shipment notification' but the seller wants to retain the right to cancel the order after the time which they would grant the buyer to do so.
We need online business regulation in this country!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- wrong product delivered and refund not a sufficient remedy
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kitchen Sink
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "Bought a costume from Light In The Box for my Halloween party. It was delayed and after i complained about it they sent me my order. But when i got..."
- "Was scammed out of $300 by these lying SCAMMERS. Contacted my credit card company right away to place a hold on my card to prevent future purchases by these..."
- "I ordered a "MANGO BAG" last January 28, 2016 thru Lazada. My item was delivered yesterday morning (February 1). I was really disappointed with the item I bought. I messaged the..."
- "Thought I was avoiding problems when I bought a 2015 Winnebago ERA 70C Sprinter two months ago. Very tired of making 2 and 3 trips back to Camping World and..."
- "I have been dealing with this stalker for over 2 years now! And, of course instead of competing with honor these so called, "customer" reviews are garbage! These are fabricated..."
- "Went in yesterday for a simple trim and bang cut and left absolutely butchered. I wanted to cry after I got in my car and had a close up look...."
- "I went for Spacedigitalx PR for my Kickstarter campaign last week. After receiving a terribly written press release, I requested my money back. They refused because they already started and..."
- "I recently sold my Goyard St. Louis tote on Poshmark. But Poshmark cancelled the sale and deleted my account saying the bag is not real. They even charged me 20..."
- "While Cameron Taylor quotes great prices, he is the most unprofessional business owner I have EVER worked with. I hired him on July 31, 2016 to repair my garage floor,..."